On the return flight from visiting my family in Wisconsin I picked up the newest edition of Yoga Journal. Inside was an article challenging the reader to a 21-day challenge. Inspiring, to say the least! The best part is I you don’t have to leave my house – that is the best part, I keep telling myself. A home practice can be amazing. It can be as long or as short as I have allotted time. I don’t have to drive anywhere. My savasana can be as long as it needs to be J that is a wonderful idea. Anytime I practice at home I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the practice. I can be using my intuition and truly tuning in to my body or taking inspiration from a favorite DVD.
Sitting on the plane I decided to begin early. The YJ challenge doesn’t start until January 10th. I’d be a step ahead if I start on the first of January. Here’s the reality of a home practice for a strong Vata/Pitta combination:
- Jan. 1st – enjoyed time with my family (husband and two smooth fox terriers) they didn’t make the trip.
- Jan 2nd – Great practice at Yoga Kamala using a Groupon!
- Jan 3rd – Another good practice at Yoga Kamala, reinforcing the practice of pratyahara.
- Jan 4th – fighting a regular flu bug, by regular I mean that it usually knocks me on my butt by the first Saturday back to life as a high school teacher. It’s a regular thing for me – let’s see how I can use yoga to chase that samskara from me J
- Jan 5-7 – started teaching my yoga classes to my high school students once the lockers were assigned and other business taken care of. Three classes daily – it felt good to start a regular practice teaching my love of yoga.
- Jan 8th – track coaches clinic – no yoga 😦 but no flu either 🙂
I’ve signed up, made the commitment. I’ll let you know how it goes!